Here are 3 emergency action steps to save a life!
1. Ensure Personal Safety:
- First and foremost, prioritize your own safety and the safety of others present.
- Move to a safe location, away from immediate danger, such as fire, collapsing structures, or hazardous materials.
- If applicable, use personal protective equipment (PPE) like gloves, masks, or helmets.
2. Contact Emergency Services:
- Call the appropriate emergency services based on the situation. In most cases, this would be the local emergency number (such as 911 in the United States).
- Provide clear and concise information about the nature of the emergency, your location, and any other relevant details.
- Follow any instructions given by the emergency dispatcher.
3. Render Basic First Aid:
- If someone is injured, provide basic first aid if you have the knowledge and resources. This might include stopping bleeding, applying CPR (if trained), or helping someone stay calm and comfortable.
- If there’s a fire, use fire extinguishers if you’re trained to do so and the fire is small and manageable. Otherwise, evacuate immediately.
- If the emergency involves a hazardous material spill, keep a safe distance and avoid inhaling fumes or touching the substance. Follow any evacuation or shelter-in-place instructions from authorities.
These are the basics steps to helping someone in an emergency situation. If you feel comfortable taking these steps. 3 emergency action steps to save a life.
- Check: CHECK the scene and the person. Your safety comes first.
- Call : CALL 9-1-1 or the local emergency number number to activate.
- Care : CARE for the person.
Follow this guide and watch the video BELOW to learn more on how these 3 emergency actions steps to save a life.